After a tumultuous week in the scandalous world of Kenner politics, Mayor Ben Zahn has rescinded his attempt to ban city money from being used on Nike branded products. The ban was immediately criticized by a member of Kenner’s City Council, Gregory Carroll, as well as New Orleans Mayor Latoya Cantrell. The “ban” came only […]
Table of Contents
- CUTTING THROUGH WHITE NOISE: Councilman Gregory Carroll on Taking a Stand Against the Nike Ban
- VINSANTOS In Profile
- BEARDS, FLIP-FLOPS AND BURP CLOTHS: Stay-at-Home Dads in the Big Easy
- “What Does Patriotism Mean to You?”
- Her Platform
- The New Orleans Saints and Their Fans Tackle The NFL-National Anthem Controversy From Many Sides
- The Caucus That Said It All
- Mental Illness in the New Orleans Black Community
- A Red State?
- Women Owned and Operated Businesses: Critical to New Orleans
- It’s Not Easy Being Green
- That Familiar Beat
- The (Louisiana) Wage Gap
- Wesley Nance: A Heart Of Gold And The Voice Of An Angel
- Warming Climate, Stronger Hurricanes
- Truth, Technology, and Fun: New Orleans’s Public Libraries
- Midsummer Mardi Gras 2018: A Krewe Of Oak Utopia
- Portrait of an Artist, Portrait of a Human.
- Marijuana Reform in Colorado; an Example for Louisiana?
Meet VINSANTOS: Owner and Director of Funeral Gallery on Royal St. in the French Quarter, and the Head Mister-ess of the New Orleans Drag Workshop.
There was a commercial on the other day that caught my eye, which is surprising considering I never listen to commercials. They tend to induce a mild state of hypnosis while I wipe the drool off my chin. This one was different, though. It was about a stay-at-home dad and a strange little cylinder with […]
Joe Boals heads down the street to ask the people of New Orleans “What does Patriotism mean to you?”
This month, we have an interview with Democratic congressional candidate Tammy Savoie. I chat with her about the personality she carries, the ideas she has and her overall spirit for this state and country.
Patriotism is defined as “love for or devotion to one’s country”. For the Saints and the ‘Who Dat Nation’ fan-base however, they’ve recently found out the definition of that word at times, can mean many different things to many different people.
It was towards the end of the closing session of the New Orleans Netroots Nation 2018 live stream on Facebook when a group of activists took the stage suddenly. Holding signs reading “#BlackAssCaucus”, a member began to speak before the podium and stunned the liberals/progressives in attendance both physically and virtually.
Mental health issues affect everyone; mental illness is indiscriminate of variables such as race, ethnicity and gender. However, there are factors particular to the African American community that can perpetuate the predisposition.
Melanie Oubre talks Emerge Louisiana, feminism, and supporting the women who will be the next legislators of Louisiana.
I feel lucky to have found other female entrepreneurs all over this city to inspire my efforts. All of these said entrepreneurs have dealt with setbacks and tribulations connected to their gender. Though they don’t deserve an ounce of their adversity, all of the women I spoke with push through these times, and work to keep themselves, and fellow females standing tall.