Often a tic begins with what some call an obsession (hence Tourette’s Syndrome’s vague categorization as an obsessive-compulsive disorder), an unpleasant thought or image that lingers in one’s mind until they succumb to the compulsion to make tic. This alleviates the mental discomfort, but then others’ response to the tic often becomes the problem, causing sadness, stress, and anxiety causing further tics. It’s a vicious cycle.
Table of Contents
- Four Historic Trees
- The Battle With Street Mentality and Rap Success
- Power to the People: Standout Legal Services for New Orleans
- Yes, We’re Here: An Interview on Chained for Life
- Unashamed, Unembarrassed, and Here’s My Credit Card: Losing the Stigma of Sex and Sex Shops
- Giving Birth in New Orleans
- Legalizing Recreational Marijuana – Could NOLA’s Disadvantaged Communities Benefit?
- New Classic, Newly Restored: An Interview On Cane River
- Atchafalaya Rising
- And How the Boards will Link
- Tourette’s Syndrome, A Personal Account
- Duke Stewart, An Artist Of Multi Dimensions
- The Marijuana Economy – Good for Everyone?
- Gentrification and Tourism: Short Term Rentals in New Orleans
- A Look Ahead at Our December Edition
Over the last two years, during Krewe Of Oak events such as Mardi Gras and Midsummer Mardi Gras along with other festive occasions, Duke has provided an all-encompassing display of lights, lasers, projections, and other interactive visual effects perfect for a well-spirited dance floor and or party.
Economics is always a tricky subject. When we’re talking about the economic implications of marijuana legalization, things get even trickier. There’s no doubt that states who have legalized marijuana are making money. But who is benefiting from all of that new cash flow? Who gets access to those lucrative new business opportunities? Cannabis Legalization – […]
In less than a decade Airbnb has changed everything on the rental landscape because of its easy interface and booking transactions.
Ranging from marijuana legalization to ableism to tragedy, Big Easy Magazine continues to cover eclectic topics and diverse voices, all of which can have a positive impact on this city and her residents.