According to the NOFD, the fire was found in a single apartment and quickly contained to the second floor. The second and third alarms were called in order to assist in evacuating residents from the building.
All residents have been evacuated at this time.
Developing story – will be updated.
Help Keep Big Easy Magazine Alive
We’re so grateful to our friends, our families, our neighbors, and especially our readers for chipping in, sharing, and donating to the cause of local progressive media. Your support has lifted us up so much and will most assuredly not be lost or forgotten.
If you care about local independent progressive media in an era where multi-millionaires such as John Georges are monopolizing our local press, then please donate any amount you can to make our operation a success. We can do this! Do not give up.
What else can you do if you’ve already donated and can’t donate anymore? Share our content on Facebook and tell people about our fundraising operation. Call and email others who may be able to give. We believe in you because you believe in us and together we can ensure Big Easy Magazine becomes a progressive icon for New Orleans and an inspiration for the expansion of progressive media around the world.
Thank you, Scott Ploof Publisher Big Easy Magazine